Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

steering noise...and slight shudder when turning..

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2005, 06:56 AM

steering noise...and slight shudder when turning..NEED HELP PLEASE!! ASAP!!!

Okay guys, got a problem..
last night was comming home from the movies and was comming around a corner, there is a little peice of an Island that slopes down and protrudes out, I ran over it but like Isaid it slopes down and enough to the pointthat it looked about 1" off the ground, meaning that it was designed to stick out and look like a seed bump more thana curb, but it was there and I hit it, wasnt anything big bump, just a little bump..went into my comples and as I was backing up into my parking spot. the front end shuddered for a second when I turned the wheel left. I was like what the..so I pulled out again and drove around my complex. every time I would turn the wheel left a little bit I would feel a shudder in the front end, and a vibration you could feel it and hear it in the car the sound sounded like the grooved pavement in highways if you start drifting off the road that ,brbrbrbrbr sound. Or the sound of a muffled automatic gun.. it would only do it if I was turning left. I pulled in the spot. Put it in park and turned the wheel and nothing. pulled out again and backed up turning the wheel and the same thing BRBRBR. and it was always turing it to the left. not right and just enough to make the car turn slightly.

so what ya think? sorry for being long winded but its hard to diagnose a problem when people say I got a sqeak..what is it..

I know its my stearing but would like to know what, its deffinatly comming from the front end..

Last edited by Caps94ZODG; 05-22-2005 at 12:08 PM.
Old 05-22-2005, 11:06 AM

Re: steering noise...and slight shudder when turning..

Ttt