Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

Street LT1 build - Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 11:47 AM

Lightbulb Street LT1 build - Suspension

I've went ahead and broke down a previous post into more threads as a suggestion from a member...

Here's the lowdown:
I have a 95 Z28 LT1 A4 with less than 90k miles in good shape. I want to build my Camaro as a street car with 400rwhp. No drag time, just want to weekend drive it or so, not a daily driver. Just a simple build to be able to enjoy my drives and smoke some cars on the road if I have to. I am somewhat budget minded meaning I do have a budget and I must have a shop do it (I'm overseas right now). This is what I'm thinking:

SUSPENSION
-eibach lower springs
-relocation brackets
-shocks
-adj. panhard bar
-LCAs
-subframe connectors

So this is what I've got so far and I'm thinking it's pretty complete, but what are some things that I'm missing? There might be some suggestions about forging the block or just getting an LS1, but I would just like to know that, deciding on doing this setup, what are some things that I'm missing.
Old 03-30-2008, 02:03 PM

If you are looking to improve your cornering, Then you may want to upgrade your sway bars.

If you want to lower your Z, make sure to budget for GOOD shocks. (they are more expensive than you would expect.)

Overall, your plan looks pretty good... Get prices and see if it fits your budget.