Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

SubFrame Connectors

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2006, 06:14 AM

Re: SubFrame Connectors

Originally Posted by jamilz28
where does the rear part of the sfc bolt in
To whom are you asking the question?

thanks
Old 03-10-2006, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by DiabloGT
would these clear true dual exhausts?

thanks
Old 03-10-2006, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Z28_95RIDE

thanks
i was asking about these:
http://www.umiperformance.com/2003.aspx
Old 03-10-2006, 12:30 PM

To the original poster, why do you want to make SFCs your first mod? Do you feel the chassis twisting, or any other particular reason making you want to get SFCs?

I will put my two cents in here. For 4th gen F-bodies, I think SFCs are one of those things that should be addressed only when absolutely needed, such as times when you launch so hard that you twist the chassis (which won't happen until you are making lots and lots of power and launching dead straight with no wheelspin), or you have previous bending of the chassis due to an accident etc.. I don't have SFCs on any of my three Camaros (all with 100K+ miles), and they all drive like champs with no excessive rattling (which some people claim SFCs fix) and the T-tops come off and go on with no problems. And there are many people out there who have auto-crossed or road-raced their 4th gen F-bodies for years, putting extreme stresses on the chassis, without SFCs and they do not have any problems.

Save your money for now, and put it towards something that serves your better (new shocks would be a great start, stock ones are crap). F-bodies were designed to be convertibles from the get-go, and the chassis is plenty strong for 90% of users out there. In the future if you turn the car into a drag-strip monster, then go ahead and put those SFCs in (but by then, you will probably need a roll-cage anyways, which would stiffen the car up considerably so SFCs still wouldn't be noticable). Or, if you really want to add SFCs right now, at least do the square-tubed 3-pt ones so you can at least use them as jacking points JMHO, good luck.

Last edited by Camaro_Maniac63; 03-13-2006 at 06:46 AM.
Old 03-11-2006, 09:34 AM

this wouldnt be my first mod.. you can see my sig for my mods
Old 03-11-2006, 11:22 AM

My initial impression of SFCs on a convertible is in this post:

http://web.camaross.com/forums/showthread.php?t=435249

Definately a very differt car with the SFCs. Less twist and body
roll and applied power seems to be much more direct. And there not
even completely welded in yet.
Old 03-12-2006, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by truedualws6
My initial impression of SFCs on a convertible is in this post:

http://web.camaross.com/forums/showthread.php?t=435249

Definately a very differt car with the SFCs. Less twist and body
roll and applied power seems to be much more direct. And there not
even completely welded in yet.
Then again, you do have a convertible which cannot be compared to t-top or hardtop as far as rigidity is concerned. I just wonder when people driving T-top cars and hardtop cars brag so much about their SFCs... My butt-o-meter must not be as sensitive as theirs.
Old 03-12-2006, 04:05 PM

Maniac63, that is insain to wait for the body to flex b/f you put subframe c on. By the time your tops dont fit right, its too late, I believe.
Old 03-12-2006, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by Camaro_Maniac63
To the original poster, why do you want to make SFCs your first mod? Do you feel the chassis twisting, or any other particular reason making you want to get SFCs?

I will put my two cents in here. For 4th gen F-bodies, I think SFCs are one of those things that should be addressed only when absolutely needed, such as times when you launch so hard that you twist the chassis (which won't happen until you are making lots and lots of power and launching dead straight with no wheelspin), or you have previous bending of the chassis due to an accident etc.. I don't have SFCs on any of my three Camaros (all with 100K+ miles), and they all drive like champs with no excessive rattling (which some people claim SFCs fix) and the T-tops come off and go on with no problems. And there are many people out there who have auto-crossed or road-raced their 4th gen F-bodies for years, putting extreme stresses on the chassis, without SFCs and they do not have any problems.

Save your money for now, and put it towards something that serves your better (new shocks would be a great start, stock ones are crap). F-bodies were designed to be convertibles from the get-go, and the chassis is plenty strong for 90% of users out there. In the future if you turn the car into a drag-strip monster, then go ahead and put those SFCs in (but by then, you will probably need a roll-cage anyways, which would stiffen the car up considerably so SFCs still be noticable). Or, if you really want to add SFCs right now, at least do the square-tubed 3-pt ones so you can at least use them as jacking points JMHO, good luck.
I agree with this post 100%.
Old 03-12-2006, 04:50 PM

i was asking about these:
http://www.umiperformance.com/2003.aspx
does anyone know if these clea the true dual exhaust with an x pipe?
thanks
Old 03-13-2006, 03:20 AM

does anyone know if these clea the true dual exhaust with an x pipe?
thanks
If you get no answer here, they have an email address where you can ask them directly (support@umiperformance.com) or you can call them on the phone (814.857.5400)
Old 03-13-2006, 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by 1stls1
Maniac63, that is insain to wait for the body to flex b/f you put subframe c on. By the time your tops dont fit right, its too late, I believe.
What I am saying is that it would be wishful thinking to expect the 4th gen chassis to flex in such a way even w/out SFCs.... I think the engineers that designed the car know better than that.