Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

Suggestions for rear shocks and springs.

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2006, 05:35 PM

Suggestions for rear shocks and springs.

I'd like to know what everyone else is running for rear shocks and springs. I'm leaning toward Comp. Engineering rear shocks.
This is a drag '93 Z that will see the street occasionally. The engine is a 12:1, 847 cammed, ported head 355 that will see a 200 shot. Car weight should be around 3200#. Here's what I have so far for the suspension.
http://www.geocities.com/max_wylde/suspension.html

Thanks,
Frank
Old 01-18-2006, 06:54 PM
IHI

Re: Suggestions for rear shocks and springs.

I've had great results from my lakewood 50/50 shocks and stock springs, especially since the addition of the wolfe craft anti roll bar. Will be going back to a longer tq arm though. the short jegster has worked great for the past 2 years both on and off the track, but the increased anti squat, small tire, and good hp/tq numbers really had the tires/traction on the ragged edge so going back to longer tq arm to transfer more energy back into the chasis. otherwise at 500hp and lower that set-up of mine was pretty deadly by bracket racing standards but not by mine. it would typically move .01-.02 in the 60' on hot dayz, and at most on normal weathered days .005...so which is easier to dial, lol, the answer is obvious and another reason for going back to the longer tq arm.

side note, before installing the wolfe craft anti roll bar I was running the air bags out back, 30 psi in the pass and 5 psi in the driver. it would allow just enough body roll to take some of the hit off the tires, I used to only go through a set of slicks with this set-up about once every 2 months-2.5 months, after installing the wolfe craft peice I was going through slicks to the tune of once a month, sidewalls were getting crushed and worn out long before plugs were gone and at this level I could not afford to take any chances that I could prevent so tires have been flying off my suppliers shelf at a record pace for a street car