Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

suggestions for springs/shocks for my ride

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2004, 06:04 PM

suggestions for springs/shocks for my ride

hey, i was wondering if anybody could give me some good suggestions on what to get for lowering my car
i'm searching the boards right now but anyways...
i want some springs (i guess you call them linear?, i don't want progressive, my z already rides too soft as it is)
i'd like to have them give me a 1.5 inch drop, or about 1.25
that's why i think the prokit might be out (still considering since it's supposed to be good)
i know the sportlines are definately too low for me anyways, but they also don't give room enough for suspension travel (will the 1.5's give me enough susp. travel?)

for shocks...i'm looking for something that will last
i know the stock ones won't last long and i just want smoe new ones that can hold up to the springs
i'm not looking for adjustables or anything like that, i just want the cheapest shock that will work
i've heard something about 3rd gen bilsteins on the back, but i'm not sure how expensive those are
any suggestions here either?

basically, my car will sometimes see autocross, sometimes see the strip (which is why i plan on some lca relocation brackets definately when i do all this), and will also be somewhat of a street driver (my rs and the z switch daily driving duties)
i'm really not worried about ride comfort as my rs still rides rougher than my z and in comparison, the z feels like my grandma's buick
thanks in advance
Old 07-26-2004, 10:31 AM

Re: suggestions for springs/shocks for my ride

Do a search for "Sam Strano" and give the man a call. He knows it all when it comes to 4th gen suspensions.
Old 07-26-2004, 10:58 AM

Ground control coilovers (you can get the springs in whatever rate you want), and either revalved Bilsteins from Sam, or Koni adjustables. Whatever way you go, call Sam and he will get you the best setup possible.
Old 07-27-2004, 07:20 PM

yea, i know about sam but i didn't want to call because i'm not quite ready to get anything
now, i may not get anything for quite a while with some unexpected expenses that came up

anyways...do they make a linear eibach prokit spring?
i heard it actually does lower 1-1.5 in so that would be pretty good