Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

suspension

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2006, 10:41 AM

suspension

for my 1994 formula i recently bought the hotchkis handling kit, sway bars front and rear control arms, sub frame connecters, strut tower brace, panhard rod, 1 inch drop springs (4), i was thinking about getting the edelbrock torque arm and the edelbrock shocks (4) Package Includes: Black-Powdercoated Lower Trailing Arms, Black-Powdercoated Panhard Rod, Trailing Arm Hardware, 1-inch Drop Front & Rear Springs, Polished Strut Tower Brace, Front & Rear Anti-Sway Bar Set, and Black-Powdercoated Subframe Connectors.

1" Front & Rear Drop!

All necessary components to stiffen chassis are included!

The Ultimate in F-Body Suspension!

Radically Improves Handling!

All Components are Powdercoated

what do you guys think of this set up? anything missing or anythign that could be added?
Old 03-26-2006, 10:40 PM
Administrator

Re: suspension

Originally Posted by formula12345
for my 1994 formula i recently bought the hotchkis handling kit, sway bars front and rear control arms, sub frame connecters, strut tower brace, panhard rod, 1 inch drop springs (4), i was thinking about getting the edelbrock torque arm and the edelbrock shocks (4) Package Includes: Black-Powdercoated Lower Trailing Arms, Black-Powdercoated Panhard Rod, Trailing Arm Hardware, 1-inch Drop Front & Rear Springs, Polished Strut Tower Brace, Front & Rear Anti-Sway Bar Set, and Black-Powdercoated Subframe Connectors.

1" Front & Rear Drop!

All necessary components to stiffen chassis are included!

The Ultimate in F-Body Suspension!

Radically Improves Handling!

All Components are Powdercoated

what do you guys think of this set up? anything missing or anythign that could be added?
A bit confusing.... you just bought a Hotchkis kit and now you are thinking about buying an Edelbrock kit with many of the same parts???? What are you going to do with two sets of sway bars, two sets of rear control arms, two panhard rods, two sets of 1" lowering springs, etc???

Or are you simply asking if you should add an Edelbrock torque arm to the Hotchkis parts you already bought?

You are missing out on a lot of really good components by locking yourself into kits.... BMR, Spohn and Global West, not to mention a few others seem to have a much better grasp on the 4ht Gen F-Body market, and what works best. The Edelbrock shocks are nowhere near the capabilities and performance of the Bilstien or Koni shocks. The torque arm looks extremely flimsy, and still attached to the stock mount on the tailshaft of the tranny..... something other vendors avoid.
Old 03-27-2006, 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by Injuneer
A bit confusing.... you just bought a Hotchkis kit and now you are thinking about buying an Edelbrock kit with many of the same parts???? What are you going to do with two sets of sway bars, two sets of rear control arms, two panhard rods, two sets of 1" lowering springs, etc???

Or are you simply asking if you should add an Edelbrock torque arm to the Hotchkis parts you already bought?

You are missing out on a lot of really good components by locking yourself into kits.... BMR, Spohn and Global West, not to mention a few others seem to have a much better grasp on the 4ht Gen F-Body market, and what works best. The Edelbrock shocks are nowhere near the capabilities and performance of the Bilstien or Koni shocks. The torque arm looks extremely flimsy, and still attached to the stock mount on the tailshaft of the tranny..... something other vendors avoid.
i bought the hotchkis kit and was wonderign what other parts to add to my suspension, what would be good and work well with my other parts, i mention edelbrock because it is american made and has been around a long time let me know what you guys think
ed
Old 03-27-2006, 08:49 AM

Do some searches, Edelbrock suspension parts are not that great
Old 03-27-2006, 10:42 AM

sine you already got the hotchkis parts, then I would look at BMR or Spohn for a torque arm, preferrably one that does not mount to the tranny. Since you have lowering springs I would look into a set of revalved bilsteins.
Old 03-27-2006, 08:09 PM

Unless you are racing I would not worry about a torque arm yet. I'd get revalved Bilsteins or Konis.