Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

Suspension for drag racing.

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2005, 08:28 PM

Suspension for drag racing.

I'm thinking of using V6 springs all around, with comp engineering shocks in the back, and !front sway bar. Are there any cheap, but good adjustable coil over shocks for the front? Something that I could loosen the hell of out the rebound for launches? And any input on the rest of the suspension is welcome too!
Old 08-26-2005, 06:25 AM

Re: Suspension for drag racing.

v6 springs in the back is cheap bang for the buck...as far as the front i wounldnt bother if you plan on getting new coil overs springs are only 50 bucks a piece plus you have to fab a mount to get them to work(qa1)...i dont know of any cheap struts i use qa1's i highly recommend those as far as the rear shocks i have some comp engineering for sale they worked fine for me....diffenetly ditch the sway bar...and if you can get some rear control arms, i have some for sale i wouldnt bother with a rear sway bar or torque arm for now i ran in the 1.6's (60ft) with stock torque arm and no rear sway bar!
Old 08-27-2005, 03:43 PM

Wow, taking off the rear sway bar too are we? Lol, it's getting crazy! Thanks for the advice. I'm hoping I can pull a 1.6 on stock sized radials...fingers are crossed so tight I'm losing circulation...
Old 08-27-2005, 06:33 PM

If don't already have it, get LCA relocation brackets and some good LCA's.
Old 08-27-2005, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by Camarocracy
If don't already have it, get LCA relocation brackets and some good LCA's.
I'm gonna hijack my own thread and say...omg I love your sig!
Old 08-30-2005, 10:57 PM

I just put HAL QA1s on the front of my dads Trans AM. it didnt need any special parts other than what came in the box. you can use there springs, or mod the stock lower spring seat by grinding it out to 2.5" which is just a little over the stock size so it slides over the QA1 shock's threads. piece of cake if you want to run the stock type spring. or just buy the HAL springs and be done with it. the KYB shocks Ive heard do not loosen up much compared to stock shocks since they are made to adj. firmer then stock and up only. so there good for the back, not what you want for the front. plus the HAL's are lighter then the stock fronts.
Old 09-03-2005, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Loony
I'm thinking of using V6 springs all around, with comp engineering shocks in the back, and !front sway bar. Are there any cheap, but good adjustable coil over shocks for the front? Something that I could loosen the hell of out the rebound for launches? And any input on the rest of the suspension is welcome too!
Keep the stock springs in the back. A properly setup car will want a stiff spring in the back w/ a soft one up front to distribute weight properly. If you can find a set of rear springs off a convertible, they're a tad stiffer than the hardtop cars.

The CE shocks are only 3-way (unless they've made some changes recently). Not much adjustment there. I'd either run stock rears or QA1 single adj. I'm using a single adj. QA1 w/ some QA1 coil-over springs. I'm also running Wolfe's adj. upper spring perch.

You won't need front coil-overs to adjuts rebound. Get a double adjustable shock. QA1 and AFCO make them, but they're not cheap (my front AFCOs were about $600 ready to rock).