Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

suspension recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2006, 04:36 PM

suspension recommendations

I have a 94 formula with bolt ons and now I want to start working on the suspension such as, LCA's,LCA relocation brackets,PHR,SFC's,STB,and Torque Arm.Is there a big advantage over some of these parts that come adjustable to help out traction or should I just stick with non-adjustable.Considering that I am not planning on lowering my car or anything like that.Can anyone recommend a good brand for these parts, dont really need top notch parts since I'm not planning on having a high powered car just a bolt on, and I would have very minimal track use mostly a daily driver but I do drive it hard sometimes.
Old 08-07-2006, 03:29 PM

Re: suspension recommendations

I use Spohn and Hotchkis stuff. The Spohn stuff is very reasonable on the wallet...check out www.spohn.net and give Steve and/or Gordon Spohn a shout...

--Alan
Old 08-07-2006, 04:29 PM

I was looking at the suspension parts on ebay by two sellers, UMI Performance and J&M products, anyone heard of them, think they're any good.Pretty much same features as other named brands, such as tubing size,grease fittings,poly urethane bushings but just a cheaper price, excluding shipping.
Old 08-07-2006, 04:49 PM

I've got UMI components up front - U/L rod end control arms, C5 brake brackets. Overall pretty decent stuff for a good price. I've got Strano revalved Bilsteins all around and they've been great (and Sam is a great resource for exactly these sorts of questions). I've also got Suspension Techniques (swaybars), good quality but I think a bit too much for our cars (especially in the rear), and Energy suspension poly bushings in the rear and in the swaybar endlinks and bushings. I'm going to replace almost all the poly in the car with rodend in the near future, I've not been impressed with the durability of poly in most places and if I were looking for a softer ride than rod ends will provide I'd be getting harder durometer rubber instead of poly.
Old 08-08-2006, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Formula594
I was looking at the suspension parts on ebay by two sellers, UMI Performance and J&M products, anyone heard of them, think they're any good.Pretty much same features as other named brands, such as tubing size,grease fittings,poly urethane bushings but just a cheaper price, excluding shipping.
Both are good companies, I personally went with Spohn for my suspension needs and have been very happy with their product quality and customer service.
Old 08-08-2006, 05:19 PM

Thanks for the replies.Went off and bought UMI LCA's and PHR.They had very good feedback from customers on their products.