Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

Is there any grease points on the rear suspension/brake area?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2004, 12:13 AM

Question Is there any grease points on the rear suspension/brake area?

Im almost positive its my rear brake pads but I'll let you guys see what you think. I replaced the pads a couple years ago and when I did, since they were the rear pads I just went with the cheap autozone specials. They did not come with the little pad that goes between the brake pad and the caliper however. Shorty after the install, the car developed a small squeaking noise from the rear area. This only happens when going over bumps. Even if its a tiny little lump in the road I can hear it. It seems to go away at higher speeds, but its very possible with the increase in noise from the tires/wind I just can't hear it. At slower speeds when I can hear it, if I gently touch the brakes, the noise will go away however. I only have to press them hard enough that the car just starts to slow down. So what do you think? Is it my cheap brake pads? Or is there suspension parts that maybe need to be greased?

Aaron

PS. My lcas are pretty new and were just greased.
Old 07-14-2004, 05:51 PM

There aren't any grease fittings back there but your rear springs sit on a seat and there is metal to metal contact there which can cause a squeak. You may also need to put some stop squeal on the back of your bake pads. Other than that maybe some other bushings back there are worn out.
Old 07-17-2004, 01:03 PM

94 camaro z28- I have the same problems and have autozone brake discs. I got the best ones they had and I got hawk pads. Under hard left turning I get a metal to metal noise. When I go over bumps I get that squeak,rattle noises. hate these cars sometimes.