Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

Is there anyway I can take out the ABS and TCS completly?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2005, 03:29 PM

Is there anyway I can take out the ABS and TCS completly?

I would like to remove my ABS and the Traction control off of my car.. I want a regular braking system. No abs or anything.. How do I go about doing this? I did a search but came up with nothing on removing the TCS as well.. It seems though that if I put a proportioning valve on the rear brakes and a T fitting to connect the two lines it would work.. I also see taht I would need a new accelerator cable.. What else needs to be done?

Last edited by CoUnTryMuZiCZ28; 04-02-2005 at 03:54 PM.
Old 04-02-2005, 03:58 PM

Re: Is there anyway I can take out the ABS and TCS completly?

As far as ABS goes, all you have to do is remove the abs unit in the front drivers side by your air pump it it is still there. Then all you need to do is connect your brake master cylender lines to the two lines going to the front brakes (install a line lock if you have the $ and time ) Then connect the one line from your brake M/C to a Proportioning valve that connects to your rear 1/4 in brake line. SJM Manufacturing sells a really good kit for this. Then...No more ABS. If you just want to delete TCS just find someone who has Tunercat or LT1 edit and have them turn it off. Hope that Helps. Good luck
Old 04-02-2005, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by TUFF LT1
As far as ABS goes, all you have to do is remove the abs unit in the front drivers side by your air pump it it is still there. Then all you need to do is connect your brake master cylender lines to the two lines going to the front brakes (install a line lock if you have the $ and time ) Then connect the one line from your brake M/C to a Proportioning valve that connects to your rear 1/4 in brake line. SJM Manufacturing sells a really good kit for this. Then...No more ABS. If you just want to delete TCS just find someone who has Tunercat or LT1 edit and have them turn it off. Hope that Helps. Good luck
I dont want the TCS box or anything having to do with that POS system on my car anywhere. lol.. I hate that damn thing..
Old 04-02-2005, 06:48 PM

I removed it. It's not that hard...

--Get a non-traction control throttle cabe and (if applicable) cruise control cable
--Get a 3-channel EBCM from e-bay (~$20 + shipping)
--Remove the ASR modulator motor above the driver side valve cover
--Swap the 3-channel EBCM in place of your old 4-channel one

Then, drive and enjoy being free of traction control!