Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

Is there a missing part in my setup?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2006, 08:11 AM

Post Is there a missing part in my setup?

Ok in my own opinion when you mod a car it first need to brake really well and handle really well too before adding any serious hp.

So i ve bought a lot of parts since 3 months that i think will suit my needs.The car will be a street car for 95% of the time and sometimes a drag or lapping car (5% or less).

I need comments/advice on my setup to know if there a parts that i ve forgot to buy.

Here is the list of the parts that i ve got,some of them are already install and the rest will be install in about a month or less:

-Welded tubular subframe connector(installed)
-SPOHN adjustable torque arm for long tube headers with front safety loop,connected to tunnel brace(installed)
-Strut bar(installed)
-KONI adjustable shock
-Stock spring( in my province the road are awfull so i ll keep my stock one)
-STRANOS 35 mm front sway bar with poly bushing and end link
-STRANOS 22mm rear sway bar with poly bushing and end link
-UMI Adjustable panahard rod(poly/rod end)
-UMI Adjsutable lower control arm(poly/rod end)
-UMI C5 brake conversion kit with hawk hps pads
-STOP-TECH C5 braided front brake hose(since the stock one are too short)
-STRANGE 12 bolts,HD posi,33 spline,LPW cover rear end
-ZR1 style wheel :18"x9.5"
-285/35zr18 FK-451 tire

Thats about it, i ve invested a lot of money in this setup(roughly around 7000.00$) so if you think that im missing something just tell me.Or if you have comment ,go ahead.

Thanks

Last edited by always faster; 03-22-2006 at 08:21 AM.
Old 03-22-2006, 05:21 PM

Re: Is there a missing part in my setup?

Setup looks good, maybe a tubular k-member and some a-arms in the future to shed some front end pounds, that is all I can think of. The suspension components sure do add up quick, I have spent more on my suspension then I would like to admit.
Old 03-23-2006, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by 2000GTP
Setup looks good, maybe a tubular k-member and some a-arms in the future to shed some front end pounds, that is all I can think of. The suspension components sure do add up quick, I have spent more on my suspension then I would like to admit.
I tought about the a-arm and the k-member but is it really gonna change my handling ?I know that i will save a few pound but is it really worth it?When you put some nice shock and sway bar,you can really feel the difference but with those parts?

Im just asking because i really dont know?

And for the money,first i was thinking about building a 350-400whp engine but i then tough about making the car handle and brake first with maybe 1 grand or 2...

Then my 10 bolts break,the monroe sensatrac make my car boucing,the stock brakes sucks big time,my cooper lifeliner tire doesnt stick to the road and the stock 16" wheels will not fit over c5 brake.

The next thing i know is that i ve spend 7 grand in this small setup.

Last edited by always faster; 03-23-2006 at 11:40 AM.
Old 03-23-2006, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by 2000GTP
I dotn believe all tubular k members and A-arms were designed with handling in mind. I'm sure some of these pieces may be up to the task, but the main reason many people swap to these pieces is to save weight. The last thing you would want would be an A-arm or k member cracking when going over some rough road or hard cornering loads.

I'd suggest contact manufacturers and asking questions. You could also post up over at frrax.com and ask a few questions. I honestly doubt that youd notice much if any difference by just swapping parts. The best you could probably hope for is more front suspension adjustability with a set of adjustable A-arms.
Old 03-23-2006, 01:54 PM

I'm with SteveO here. Most k members are for weight savings only and are not for street use. Now the A arms can be used on the street, atleast the BMR ones can. The only advantage you would be getting is some less weight and more adjustablity, but if you want a great suspension I would pick up a set of these. The less wieght you have in that area the better your car will handle.