Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

Time for suspension upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 09:08 AM

Re: Time for suspension upgrades

Originally Posted by sdeluca1969
Hi, i'm new to the forum and the proud owner of a 2002 camaro ss SLP, anyway I figured it's about time for some suspension upgrades as I want to get into autocross. Right now i'm thinking of doing Shocks, and upgraded front and rear sway bar.

For the shocks I think i'm going to go with bilstein

SLP Camaro & Firebird Optional Bilstein Shocks Package (1993-2002) | eBay

and umi front and rear sway bars

UMI Performance 211213-R - UMI Performance Solid Front and Rear Sway Bar Kits - Overview - SummitRacing.com

Does anyone have any suggestions for me as far as other upgrades to do, or what other brands to choose? I am really just looking to get my suspension ready for autocross without sacrificing too much ride comfort as this is my daily driver.. any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Check out WS6store, they have the UMI sway bar kit on sale.
Old 03-01-2012, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by Wild *****
3-point SFC's would seem to be superior in stiffness, tying the two sides of the car together with more than just the floor pan. And, in the future, you might want to get the torque arm that takes the rear axle torque reactions off the back of the tranny, and puts them into the "frame" so the back end of the transmission, which happens to be mounted on rubber isolators, isn't moving around as you acell and brake. SFC's made a noticeable difference in my car, and you wouldn't think they would be important for a hardtop-

Surprised that your SLP car didn't come with Bilsteins. If they are there, they have a lifetime warranty.
My 03 GMC Sonoma ZRX came stock with Bilsteins.
Old 03-01-2012, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by SROACH
I`m going to use the UMI sway bar kit myself. Im looking at the Bilsteins for shocks. I have them on my 03 GMC Sonoma ZRX.
Hey SROACH. Thanks for choosing UMI for your build. Give us a call for whatever type of parts you may need.

We are pretty proud of our 3 points. They tuck up nicely and really tie things together.

Ramey
Old 03-01-2012, 04:25 PM

I'm very happy with my 3 point sfc's. It stiffed up the car so much I couldn't stay in my seat anymore,so I had to get some Kerkey racing seats.
Very impressive,hats off to UMI.
Old 03-01-2012, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by UMI Sales
Hey SROACH. Thanks for choosing UMI for your build. Give us a call for whatever type of parts you may need.

We are pretty proud of our 3 points. They tuck up nicely and really tie things together.

Ramey
Let see, I have your LCAs,panhard bar,STB and your 2 point SFCs. Next up,your torque arm and swaybar kits.