Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

Torque Arm for a daily driven handler

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 05:34 PM

Re: Torque Arm for a daily driven handler

Originally Posted by ABA383
I split my tail shaft in half on the dyno at 400rwhp using a Spohn trans mounted TA...I have since switched to a Spohn cross brace mounted TA with 2 DS loops and its a quality piece...I would not use a TA that mounts to the trans after my episode...

--Alan
Well, that's one. One out of hundreds, thousands.... Not likely. **** happens..... and I'm sorry that it happened, but it's not exactly a common happening. Even if it was, it's easier to fix that than the floorpan (trust me). I won't use a TA that mounts to the sheet metal of the car personally. The rips weren't good, one of which was over 6" long and almost got to the shifter opening. Had that happened things would have been a real disaster.

If you want another type of arm, you'll notice UMI has those as well. Happy to sell you what you feel it best if that differs from my recommendation. Cool with me.
Old 08-02-2006, 07:55 PM

Re: Torque Arm for a daily driven handler

yeah thats pretty freak. i've seen 500rwhp cars not break stock torque arms on slicks.... but never anything like a split tailshaft. thats a pretty beefy part of aluminum there, not to mention it gives with the rest of the engine and trans since they arenot solidly mounted.