Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

Torque Arm Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2005, 08:43 AM

Question Torque Arm Question

I'm concidering purchasing the non-adjustable torque arm for my 94'Z28. I was curious as to how much difference this would really make over the stock torque arm. I have already completed several upgrades to the chassis/suspension to include:

-Front/rear anti-sway bar upgrade
-Shock tower brace
-subframe connectors
-Panhard rod
-Lower control arms
-Polyurethane bushings
-new shocks/springs (stock...but new)

All the above upgrades are BMR tubular products.

I do not race my car but have notice a significant difference in the cars mannerisms after the above upgrades. Would the torque arm make any significant difference in a daily diver type car (about the only time I "put my foot in it" is when I get on the interstate and/or pass someone)? Other than that it's not driven very hard. I simply want to keep the car in the best condition as possible...for as long as possible.

Thanks for any advice,
Old 02-19-2005, 09:17 AM

Re: Torque Arm Question

With your driving style, I don't think you'll notice any difference with a replacement torque arm. I did notice you're running the stock shocks and springs. I think you would benefit from a shock/spring upgrade. I noticed a huge difference when I changed mine. The car handled much better on turns. Lowering the car about an inch also gets rid of the ugly whell well gap and lowers your center of gravity. Get a hold of Sam Strano at Stranoparts.com. He's a F-Body suspension expert and is very generous with his time.
Old 01-31-2006, 02:31 PM

What is the point of the shock tower brace? I may want to get one....I run the same setup as you otherwise, THANKS ---
Old 01-31-2006, 02:47 PM

Torque arm will help plant all the power to the pavement rather than flexing the stocker. From your driving style, an aftermarket torque arm would not benefit you much, but for drag racing it would and would help reduce wheel hop on those spining take offs.
I have a Spohn TA that bolts to the tunnel brace laying in the garage floor...when installed to the tunnel brace, all of the drive train noise comes thru the floor board and was too noisey so I removed it and the stocker is back on...I'm keeping it in case I ever snap the tranny tail shaft off.
Old 01-31-2006, 03:53 PM
Administrator

Please don't post suspension questions in "LT1/LT4 Engine Tech". Moving to "Suspension, Chassis......"