Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

Which Torque Arm setup best

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2005, 07:01 PM

Which Torque Arm setup best

I am looking at purchasing a global west trac link setup. I want to know which tq arm system I should use. I have a 95 Trans Vert that I bought off ebay. It has a world SBC 400 strkd to 427. It has the lt4 conversion kit from Summit. I do not know the specs on the heads. It SUPPOsedly dynoed at over 600 hp, I believe at the crank. However, I receieved a 125 shot of NO2 that is going to hit the motor. It has a auto. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-03-2005, 09:30 PM

Re: Which Torque Arm setup best

With a setup like that with the HP levels you are and WILL be running, I'd advise the HD TQ arm setup/ DS loop combo. check the LS1speed website, they should have it. I think it's BMR TQ arm mounting point from the tailshaft/extension housing on the trans to the DS loop/tunnel brace position. It takes a lot of stress off the tailshaft of the trans. If you go with that I'd also look into a stronger mount/braket for the trans. Hope that helps.
Old 03-03-2005, 10:40 PM

Last post was a little choppy. I had the insert key on.
Old 03-03-2005, 11:38 PM

Thanks Bayer, you appear to be the only one willing to offer some advice. I thought w/ this being such a great forum, I would get a lot more input.........anybody else want to share their two cents...............I already have lca and panhard, all adjustable.
Old 03-04-2005, 12:04 AM

The spohn torque arm is great, it mounts in place of the g-brace were it should and comes w/ a d.s.loop. you can get a street or race version and its ajustable. He also has all the other sus. parts you need for a good price.
Old 03-04-2005, 02:04 PM

I just installed a Spohn Adjust.TA w/ front DS Loop, I like the design of the front mount being at the tunnel brace. They also have a trans mount. As for testing it, my car is waiting for a cam install right now but I was able to sneak a launch real quick and the rear picked up noticeable better. I think I had it set at -1.5.
Here's a pic from their site in case you have'nt had time to search. TA
Old 03-04-2005, 04:08 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Gentlystrkd396
Thanks Bayer, you appear to be the only one willing to offer some advice. I thought w/ this being such a great forum, I would get a lot more input.........anybody else want to share their two cents...............I already have lca and panhard, all adjustable.
Wellll.... I guess that makes this less than a "great forum."

If I could offer a possible explanation.... I know of VERY few people running the Global West stuff. The vast majority of the people here are running the Spohn or BMR suspension parts. For really high HP setups, some people have gone with Madman Racing's TA.

Your combo is a bit unusual as well.... a World Products Gen 1 SBC 427ci engine, with an "LT4 conversion"..... appears someone went to a lot of work to convert the LT4 stuff to work with a Gen 1 block, and then put it on an engine that is way too big. Are you actually running the LT4 HOT cam in a 427, and stock LT4 heads?
Old 03-04-2005, 04:46 PM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by Gentlystrkd396
You might get better results if you posted in the proper forum, which I am going to move this to.
Old 03-04-2005, 05:34 PM

I did not mean to offend anybody, this is still a great forum. To injuneer or anybody that can help me. I bought this vehicle from ebay and I know a friend selling for a friend, anyways the seller sounds like a straight shooter. To make a long story short the owner of the car passes away in a vehicle accident. I have these part numbers from summit racing, can anybody tell me what type of setup I have, I know it will just be a best guess. wrl-084151 wrl-101107 nal-gmp3287-2 acc-150830. These are the main components of the motor. Of course headers, elec. h20 pump, extra in line fuel pump etc.If anybody is interested, the description is on ebay, just search item number 4510500177 Thanks for any help/guesses you can provide.
Old 03-04-2005, 06:28 PM

cc-150830
Accel Injectors 30lbs
Chevy/Pontiac/Ford/Lincoln/Mercury, Set of 8
look at summit website for specs

nal-gmp3287-2
Conversion Kit, GM LT1 to LT4, F-Body/B-Body 1996-97
The kits include LT4 cylinder heads with valves and springs, a red aluminum LT4 intake manifold, GM Performance Parts' hot cam with 1.6:1 ratio Bow Tie roller rockers, and all necessary gaskets.

wrl-101107
Rotating Assembly, SBC 427, Internally Balanced, 4.125/4.000/6.00, Scat Or Eagle
a Scat 4340 forged steel crank, Clevite H-bearings, Manley 4340 forged steel H-beam rods, JE/SRP domed pistons, and Sealed Power piston rings. The small Chevy rotating assemblies have 6 in. rods and are internally balanced; big Chevy assemblies have 6.385 in. rods and are externally balanced.

wrl-084151
(i'll have to get back to you on this one)

ebay linky

Last edited by Z06Z28; 03-04-2005 at 06:33 PM.
Old 03-04-2005, 08:44 PM

I've got Spohn suspension parts and I like em just my 2 cents

also, I'm guessing your motor is an LT-1 stroked to 427ci with an LT-4 conversion kit? If so...you need more cam and port and polish those heads!
Old 03-05-2005, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Injuneer
If I could offer a possible explanation.... I know of VERY few people running the Global West stuff. The vast majority of the people here are running the Spohn or BMR suspension parts. For really high HP setups, some people have gone with Madman Racing's TA.
I'm not trying to hijack this thread, but I am curious about Injuneer's comment that he knows of very few people using Global West stuff. I have their sub-frame connectors and the fit is excellent and they seem to be high quality. I am also considering their rear LCA's and adjustable panhard rod.

Are there problems with the Global West stuff and, if so, what are they?
Old 03-05-2005, 10:39 AM

I've got the Spohn one with the driveshaft loop. It is built very heavy duty, pretty much bullit proof.

BMR has a really good one too. Although you have to weld a cross brace to each side of the subframe connectors. The Spohn is just bolt on.

I like this and the Moser 12-bolt. The only problem is this combo is producing a lot of noise. I'm going to have to remove these and clearance the driveshaft tunnel one of these days.
Old 03-05-2005, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by b55baron
Injuneer's comment that he knows of very few people using Global West stuff. ...Are there problems with the Global West stuff and, if so, what are they?
My experience of what caught my attention with BMR & Spohn was the detailed website able to provide me with alot of information & show me several pictures. I'm a visual/animation person so I like to see pictures. I also like the fact that I am able to chose the color of powdercoat and sometimes which material. I also liked the customer service that Spohn gave me. Also, reading alot of feedback in these forums was reassuring and built me confidence of where to make my purchase.
Old 03-06-2005, 12:30 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by b55baron
I'm not trying to hijack this thread, but I am curious about Injuneer's comment that he knows of very few people using Global West stuff. I have their sub-frame connectors and the fit is excellent and they seem to be high quality. I am also considering their rear LCA's and adjustable panhard rod.

Are there problems with the Global West stuff and, if so, what are they?
My comment was not intended in any way to suggest that there was any quality or design issue with Global West products. I have never used them, so I would never make a comment with that purpose, either positive or negative. I was simply trying to explain to "Gentlystrkd396" the reason why I thought he wasn't getting a lot of responses.

Quick Reply: Which Torque Arm setup best