Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

ultimate suspension for lt1

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2006, 11:50 PM

Re: ultimate suspension for lt1

I would definently go with coilovers, unless like they were saying above it bumps you up into a class that you will never be competitive in. But if you do go with coilovers I know LG Motorsports sells some they use to sell them for the F-Body but i dont remember if they still do but those were some badass coilovers. The same ones they use on their racing vettes.
Old 01-13-2006, 11:31 AM

LG coil-overs will force you into Street Mod, where you'll be screwed. ESP is where it's at as long as you don't have SFC's (also forced to SM), and the LG coil-overs are not legal for ESP. But I have coil-overs on my car, and my Koni's are adjustable, and I run ESP because what I use is legal for that class.

FWIW, it's a myth you "NEED" coil-overs. There are some very, very excellent spring sets out there (which I'll keep my secret) that perform 95% as well for half the cost. That extra money can be put back to better shocks which are hugely important and/or other parts that will net more speed.
Old 10-09-2006, 12:54 AM

I will be straight up with you. If you want the best overall handling LT1 for your dollar, call Sam Strano. I can't stress this enough. If you just look at his sig you will see he has the credentials to give you what you want. When I first started dealing with him I had boxed LCA's and he advised me to go back stock in order to stay in a competitive class AKA ESP. The best thing about Sam is that he doesn't recommend anything without giving you the reasoning behind it. Due to this I switched back to the stock LCA's and since have realized that one I saved weight and two my car actually handles better and is more predictable. Explaining why that is would be giving away the tricks of the trade that Sam has worked so hard for. Just give him a call, you won't be disappointed. I am very picky when it comes to vendors and that is why I only have one sticker on my car, and thats stranoparts.com. For reassurance search Sam Strano on any of the forums such as: LS1Tech.com, ffrax.com, and don't forget this one. Get it from the horses mouth, call.
Old 10-11-2006, 07:23 AM

My previos post didn't take into account you wanted to make a autocross car, just skimmed the post, that's what I get

Seriously, set aside 30 minutes, give Sam a call. If he doesn't think you need a part he'll tell you so, and he'll explain why. If you still want it, he'll still sell it to you.