Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

UMI vs BMR vs Spohn

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 08:26 PM

UMI vs BMR vs Spohn

Who's the personal favorite these days? UMI, BMR or Spohn?
Old 08-13-2008, 09:48 PM
Administrator

Since this is basically a suspension and chassis related question, let's move it where it belongs.
Old 08-14-2008, 12:52 AM

Oh yeah forgot about this forum. Thanks Fred!
Old 08-14-2008, 09:29 AM

You will get some mixed responses here. All are good companies with quality products. I have both UMI and BMR pieces, and they are both excellent quality.
Old 08-14-2008, 09:32 AM

they are all so similar. Hard to say whichi like best. I guess bmr
Old 08-14-2008, 10:08 AM

Edelbrock is what I use, for whatever reason my car likes the longer torque arm. I've tried three different ones and the shorter ones didn't 60' as well in basically back to back to back testing. I'm sure they can all be made to work equally if given the time.
Old 08-14-2008, 10:56 AM

They all make some good products, its up to you to pick & choose which parts are right for you. I have a mix of BMR, Spohn, Hotchkis, Unbalanced Engineering, Strano parts because in each case the product suited my needs best.
Old 08-14-2008, 11:38 AM

I have mainly UMI with the exception of a BMR STB because i got a good deal on a used one locally
Old 08-14-2008, 12:42 PM

Yeah I use BMR right now but with all the new companies out there, BMR, Spohn, and UMI being the main ones IMO, I was just curious and am looking to hear ACTUAL OPINIONS FROM ACTUAL OWNERS of products from these companies.
Old 08-14-2008, 12:56 PM

i run the UMI 3 point subframes, best sfc's on the market imo. rest of the chassis is spohn for me, quality has been great, no problems with anything so far.
Old 08-14-2008, 04:09 PM
Administrator

I've had good results with the Spohn parts. Haven't tried anyone else's. Buddy of mine had excellent results (1.30 60-fts) with the Spohn parts and with Steve Spohn setting up the chassis.
Old 08-14-2008, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Injuneer
I've had good results with the Spohn parts. Haven't tried anyone else's. Buddy of mine had excellent results (1.30 60-fts) with the Spohn parts and with Steve Spohn setting up the chassis.
Are you running their tunnel mount torque arm as well? No problems with it? I just recently got ride of my BMR Trak Pak cause I can't stand it! Wayyy to much weight IMO. Plus I just didn't like having that long *** bar running across the underside of my car that welds to the SFC's. I have been looking into getting the Spohn TA
Old 08-15-2008, 08:26 AM

I have the UMI tunnel-mount torque arm, and the 3-point SFC's- love them, they really tightened up the car. No experience with BMR or Sphon, but I imagine they make good products, based on their reputation. Really happy with UMI service, too-
Old 08-15-2008, 05:50 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by SiNfulSS
Are you running their tunnel mount torque arm as well? No problems with it? I just recently got ride of my BMR Trak Pak cause I can't stand it! Wayyy to much weight IMO. Plus I just didn't like having that long *** bar running across the underside of my car that welds to the SFC's. I have been looking into getting the Spohn TA
Standard Spohn TA, with the DS loop in a custom location, because of the length of the tranny (TH400 + Gear Vendors O/D):

http://www.injuneer.com/images/photo.../DCP03675a.jpg

The 97 SS convertible I mentioned used a Spohn TA, but because of the HP level (1,350 @ the flywheel) there were a couple extra braces between the upper and lower bars. The floor of the convert was reinforced between the subframe connectors where the front mount attached, for extra stength.
Old 08-21-2008, 10:23 AM
Former Vendor

Hello,

Thanks for the interest in our products

If you have any questions regarding our product line please feel free to ask and I will be glad to assist. We can also supply a list of CamaroZ28 sponsors that both stock and sale our product line.

Thanks again for the interest

Ryan

Quick Reply: UMI vs BMR vs Spohn