Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

Uneven Brake Pad Wear

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 10:55 AM

Uneven Brake Pad Wear

My front driver side brake started squeeking the other day on the way home from a 300 mile road trip. Didn't stop till I got home and had to drive on it for 2 days. The brake pads when last checked in june sometime appeared to be fine, with even pad wear. Now today.. just about 3 months later, I took the pads off to see what the problem was and the inner pad on the drivers front is almost completely gone. One end is and the other still has some left. The outer pad looks almost brand new. Saturday its time for new pads I guess... but. What gives? The passenger side looks fine, as do both rear brakes.

BTW I have cross drilled rotors (which I didn't put on there) so if that has anything to do with it I'd love to ditch them. Pads I've no clue though. What should I get to replace them? Thanks so much in advance!
Old 09-24-2006, 05:48 PM

Re: Uneven Brake Pad Wear

you need to take off the calipers and rebuild them...or at least replace the slider pins, and lube them properly. shouldnt have anything to do with the rotors...though i dont really believe in the drilled issue. check the rotors for cracks near the drilled holes and that will tell you if you need to replace them. you should get some good pads too...not the crap cheap ones.