Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

Uneven ride...

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 08:19 PM

Uneven ride...

My shocks and springs were pretty worn out, so a couple of weeks ago I did the front shocks and springs on my car. The stockers were replaced with kyb agx and stock replacement springs (napa). Rears were replaced about 6 months prior.

My problem is that the car is still riding unevenly. The right side of the car sits a couple of inches (by my estimation) lower than the left side. While sitting in the driver's seat, you can tell that the right side is lower, and the car appears lower on the right when you look at it from the outside. The rear end is also lower on the right side (in case you were wondering).

I have no solid measurements of the differences because I don't know where to "officially" measure from. Will fender heights do, or should i be measuring something else under the car?

This is really driving me crazy. Will I be able to fix the unevenness with some spring spacers? Did I install something wrong or not adjust some adjustable parts correctly? If there is no easy solution, will ride height adjustable coil overs fix it? ($$$$$ )

I had planned on getting subframe connectors in the following months, will the uneven ride interfere with their installation?

Any advice on my many questions is appreciated :P
Old 12-01-2005, 11:22 AM

Re: Uneven ride...

There's a couple of things during the install that you could have done to affect ride height. The tops of both the front and rear springs sit in "isolators". These isolators are specifically shaped for the end coil of the springs to mate to them. If you didn't orient the isolators properly, this could affect ride height.
Old 12-02-2005, 08:34 PM

I'm actually having the same problem with my new eibach sportline springs. I put the spring absorbers on top on the right way, with the end seated farthest down in the rubber. And one side of my car still sits stock height and the other side sits bout 2 inches lower. I disconnected the panhard bar because I have an adjustable one coming. Anyone ever get a defective spring from eibach????
Old 12-06-2005, 02:53 PM

Also Check To Make Sure All Your Tires Are The Same Heigth. I Got 3 70's And 1 60 Installed By Mistake! Cost Me $300 Worth Of Shocks And Springs And Another Mechanic To Finally Figure Out What The Hell Happen. This Was On My Crown Vic Not The Camaro Btw.
Old 12-07-2005, 09:12 PM

I have all of the same tires. I just think I got crap springs from eibach!
Old 12-07-2005, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by ny_z28man
I'm actually having the same problem with my new eibach sportline springs. I put the spring absorbers on top on the right way, with the end seated farthest down in the rubber. And one side of my car still sits stock height and the other side sits bout 2 inches lower. I disconnected the panhard bar because I have an adjustable one coming. Anyone ever get a defective spring from eibach????
You disconnected the panhard rod? I hope you don't plan to drive it. The rear end will come out from under the car when turning.