Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

What do i need to lower the car?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 06:12 AM

Yeah, the auto level isn't for everyone. But I work there so I got a sweet deal

Last edited by amber_lt1; 11-07-2006 at 09:03 AM.
Old 11-12-2006, 09:16 PM

Sam Strano---you're kind of a jag off.

This guy is asking a basic question and you're giving him a hard time and putting rolling eyes on your post.

Not everyone is an expert like you and if you want to sell stuff on here you need to treat people with respect regardless of why they want springs or what they know. Offer helpful suggestions but don't be a smart ***.

I'm in the market to get some springs and now I know I won't be buying any from you.
Old 11-20-2006, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by Greed4Speed
But does it adjust the alignment when you lower and raise from one height to another? Just like coilovers are great for adjustability, but when you change the ride height your alignment goes off with it.
Just an update: yes, it does mess with the alignment. But you're supposed to play with it until you get a good setting and decide what ride height you'd like it at, and have it aligned to that setting. Because you're not going to drive it far/fast at extreme compression/extension, alignment at those settings shouldn't make much difference. Just lettin' you know!
Old 11-20-2006, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by KillerTA
Sam Strano---you're kind of a jag off.

This guy is asking a basic question and you're giving him a hard time and putting rolling eyes on your post.

Not everyone is an expert like you and if you want to sell stuff on here you need to treat people with respect regardless of why they want springs or what they know. Offer helpful suggestions but don't be a smart ***.

I'm in the market to get some springs and now I know I won't be buying any from you.

Fine. I really don't want to deal with anyone who doesn't care about details that are important because when you make poor decisions based on ignorance, I won't be the one responsible.

I didn't say *ANYTHING* out of line in this thread. Why you think I'm a "jag-off", I'm not sure. And I don't really care because you are too short sighted to actually read what I wrote and realize that I *CAN'T* offer helpful suggestions because there is a HUGE LACK OF INFORMATION on which to base such things.
Old 11-20-2006, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
Fine. I really don't want to deal with anyone who doesn't care about details that are important because when you make poor decisions based on ignorance, I won't be the one responsible.

I didn't say *ANYTHING* out of line in this thread. Why you think I'm a "jag-off", I'm not sure. And I don't really care because you are too short sighted to actually read what I wrote and realize that I *CAN'T* offer helpful suggestions because there is a HUGE LACK OF INFORMATION on which to base such things.
Its your attitude, man. I find it hard to believe that you could not give me advice based on questions like, how are you going to be driving your car? Are you going to be racing it? Is this for show? etc...etc.

It just doesn't make sense, that you can't even give some advice. If you don't have any information to base your advice on, you should have asked me questions so you can determine what is missing and what i would need to "properly" put in lowering springs.

You get an F+ for customer service skills. You have a reputation to uphold/create so you could try to just try to tone down your anger or frustration.

Just for an example, you say that you don't have enough information to give me a proper estimate. What kind of information do you need? I will give you that information if possible. How's that? Will that work? See how easy that is?
Old 11-20-2006, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by dbacs
Its your attitude, man. I find it hard to believe that you could not give me advice based on questions like, how are you going to be driving your car? Are you going to be racing it? Is this for show? etc...etc.

It just doesn't make sense, that you can't even give some advice. If you don't have any information to base your advice on, you should have asked me questions so you can determine what is missing and what i would need to "properly" put in lowering springs.

You get an F+ for customer service skills. You have a reputation to uphold/create so you could try to just try to tone down your anger or frustration.

Just for an example, you say that you don't have enough information to give me a proper estimate. What kind of information do you need? I will give you that information if possible. How's that? Will that work? See how easy that is?
Your going to have to call him. All of his advice is top secret and cannot be posted on a public message board.

Last edited by JasonK94Z; 11-20-2006 at 03:37 PM.
Old 11-20-2006, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by JasonK94Z
Your going to have to call him. All of his advice is top secret and cannot be posted on a public message board.
Ah hahahah. lmao. Yeah its on a need to know basis. But if he told me he'd have to kill me.
Old 11-20-2006, 03:46 PM

Ah hahahah. lmao. Yeah its on a need to know basis. But if he told me he'd have to kill me.
I'm pretty sure its because its info that he has learned over the years and would rather not just give it away to unpaying customers. I don't blame him. He just comes off the wrong way to some folks sometimes, and may even go a little overboard when it comes to doing suspension for just a regular guy driving to work, etc., but thats his passion and his business so its expected. Just give him a ring and tell him your needs and your budget. I'm sure he'll be happy to help.
Old 11-20-2006, 04:16 PM

I'm pretty sure its because its info that he has learned over the years and would rather not just give it away to unpaying customers. I don't blame him. He just comes off the wrong way to some folks sometimes, and may even go a little overboard when it comes to doing suspension for just a regular guy driving to work, etc., but thats his passion and his business so its expected. Just give him a ring and tell him your needs and your budget. I'm sure he'll be happy to help.
Oh ok. That makes tons more sense. I am sorry if i stepped out of line. If he just explained that is the reason he cannot post it here, i would have left it at that.

Unfortunately i am hearing impared so i cannot call him. Maybe i'll have someone else call for me.
Old 11-20-2006, 04:36 PM

Thumbs up

Oh ok. That makes tons more sense. I am sorry if i stepped out of line. If he just explained that is the reason he cannot post it here, i would have left it at that.

Unfortunately i am hearing impared so i cannot call him. Maybe i'll have someone else call for me.
email him explaining that you are hearing impared. I'm sure he'll work with you then over email, it will just take more time.
Old 11-20-2006, 04:43 PM

email him explaining that you are hearing impared. I'm sure he'll work with you then over email, it will just take more time.
Ok thanks. I will do that. It will let me apologize again too.