Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

what do u think

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 01:34 AM

what do u think

hey guys i got around a 700 rear wheel procharged car. gonna thro in a dana 60. what suspension mods do u think are best for my car. the car is a street strip car if it matters. any help is good, thanks alot in advance guys

Last edited by racer96; 09-18-2006 at 01:37 AM.
Old 09-22-2006, 04:57 PM

Re: what do u think

have you seen the new dana 90? check that out...it's awesome and "unbreakable" with options for gun drilled axles and just about any gear you want...it's a dream.
Old 10-01-2006, 07:42 PM

hey guys i have done some research and heres what i came up with:

-bolt in subframe connectors
-panhard bar
-torque arm
-bolt in lower control arm relocation brackets
-torque arm relocaton brackets
-strut tower brace
-shocks and springs
-driveshaft loop

i was also wondering about:

-control arms
-k member
-lower control arms

am i forgetting anything or is this what i should go with. also is UMI performance a good brand or should i go with different stuff. thanks guys!
Old 10-01-2006, 07:50 PM

dude, with 700rwhp... id put every suspension mod you can think of...
Old 10-01-2006, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by racer96
hey guys i have done some research and heres what i came up with:

-bolt in subframe connectors
-panhard bar
-torque arm
-bolt in lower control arm relocation brackets
-torque arm relocaton brackets
-strut tower brace
-shocks and springs
-driveshaft loop

i was also wondering about:

-control arms
-k member
-lower control arms

am i forgetting anything or is this what i should go with. also is UMI performance a good brand or should i go with different stuff. thanks guys!
I would go with weld in SFCs and relo brackets over anything that is bolted...Also an adjustable TA mounted to the tunnel and not on the trans (most TAs have a DS loop integrated into the TA), adjustable LCAs, and PHB...You really need adjustability especially when you go with an aftermarket rear to help square the rear and set the pinion angle, which is critical to hooking and driving vibration free...I am not a big fan of the strut (shock) tower brace for drag racing...

You also have a choice of sperical rod ended parts and/or poly bushed stuff...I use the rod ended and its really not too bad on the street and you get zero binding like some get from the poly stuff...Some love the poly and get the stuff to work great and it is quieter if you keep them lubed...With 700rwhp I'd use the rod ends, but thats my personal preference...Either way you need the adjustable stuff...

You will also benefit from QA1 adj shocks and springs front and rear..I am told that the front spring rate should be 275 and the rear 150 for good drag racing/street set ups. These will be my next suspension mod as you can adjust compression and rebound and they greatly help launching especially with high hp cars...

K members are a good idea for weight savings/load transfer...not a necessity but you can save a lot of weight if you go with the upper/lower A arms, too...

I use Spohn stuff because they make great stuff at good prices and they are good people to deal with...I live an hour from them and pop in from time to time...They make almost everything in house and it works...

Hope this helps a little, sounds like you have a beast on your hands...

--Alan