Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

what else?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2010, 11:13 PM

what else?

Hi all,

Ive been lurking the forum for a while, trying to educate myself. Ive learned quite a bit, but think I may be missing something. I'd love any suggestions on what I've missed.

I have a 98 Trans Am with a little over 110k miles on all original suspension. It is going into the shop for a major overhaul next week. As far as suspension goes, I'm getting: SLP 3 point subframe connectors and Koni adjustable on all four corners.

What else should I be looking at to tighten everything up? I have enough budget left for a sway bar, but only one. I think I want to change both front and rear at the same time, so I was gonna put that off for now. Should I swap out all bushings? I don't see too much discussion on that.

Anyway....Suggestions please! I don't have a whole lot more cash to play with, but there is some. I might try autocross this season once or twice, but this is my daily driver.
Old 05-23-2010, 11:26 PM

You don't say what mods you have, if any, but lower control arms and panhard bar are pretty good choices. Just be sure and get the adjustable units. If that is beyond your budget, prothane bushings are adequate.
Old 05-24-2010, 12:21 AM

Suspension is all original. Mods are: flowmaster cat back (purchased before I knew of the forum), SLP air box lid with K&N, powerslot rotors, 255/35/18 front, 275/40/18 rear.