Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

What order should I go in and with what?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2005, 07:24 PM

Re: What order should I go in and with what?

Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF
Also looking at control arms and shocks, these are sold in singles most places right?

Think I'll go with the control arms, panhard rod and some shocks, only sway bars i can find that are hollow cost almost 500 bucks for front and rear.
Control arms are usually sold in pairs, as for shocks, I have seen them be sold single, in pairs, or sets of 4.

Sway bars aren't cheap, especially the front and rear sets as you already have seen. Another less costly option would be just to upgrade the bushing and endlinks with polyurethane replacements.
Old 09-23-2005, 07:48 PM

Cool, thanks again.

I will leave the sway bars alone for now.

For installing the panhard rod, control arms and shocks do i need to grease anything?

basic tools will install them? think my chiltons book has the method to do them, maybe not the panhard rod.
Old 09-23-2005, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF
Cool, thanks again.

I will leave the sway bars alone for now.

For installing the panhard rod, control arms and shocks do i need to grease anything?

basic tools will install them? think my chiltons book has the method to do them, maybe not the panhard rod.
I used the following to install my lcas's and panhard rod: socket wrenches, breaker bar, a floor jack, and a can of PB blaster.

When I bought my components, the bushings already came pre-lubed, but I ended up filling them a little more after I installed them. Also, they recommend using a special silicone grease for the poly bushings and discourage against using petroleum based grease. I ordered a tube of the grease off of the Spohn website along with my parts.