Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

What's the best non-adjust. shock/spring combo 4 a 1SC-stripper with a 3" wheel gap?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2005, 01:07 PM

What's the best non-adjust. shock/spring combo 4 a 1SC-stripper with a 3" wheel gap?

Please click on this link:

http://home.att.net/~damon_z/Dscn1275.jpg

I have a basically factory-stock, hardtop '02 Z28 with the 1SC options-delete package--the car weighs 3,395 lbs with a 1/4 tank of gas. My car is mostly street driven, but will be run on the dragstrip for at least 6 runs a year. I have future plans for Kooks longtube headers--I don't want to go too low. I want to retain my comfortable factory ride, but I also want to eliminate my 2-3 inch wheel-well gap. I want to lower my car AND still not have to buy control arm relocation brackets just to maintain my factory control arm angle and/or buy an adjustable panhard rod to re-center my rear end.

I did use the search button before posting this thread, but I feel that I have a special situation since my car has a wider wheel-well gap than most other factory-height f-bodies. After using the search button, I did find out about the SLP Bilstein/Eibach shock/spring combo (part #'s 70008 and 70009 respectively). Are the SLP Bilsteins really revalved to match the spring rates of the SLP Eibach springs? Or will I have better results if I just buy the more expensive revalved Bilsteins from Sam Strano and use them with the SLP Eibachs? Are the SLP Eibachs known to sag or is that sagging problem only associated with the pro-kit? I also thought about revalved Bilsteins with the Hotchkis springs, but have read that the ride becomes too stiff. What spring/shock combo would you recommend? Thanks in advance for the info.

Last edited by damon_Z; 08-13-2005 at 01:17 PM.