Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

whats the best strip and road setup??

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2004, 10:14 PM

whats the best strip and road setup??

going to be ordering suspension parts soon so im looking for a little advice.i would like to be able to hook up at the track and be able to handle good as well.i would like to lower it an 1in or so whats a good spring?also looking for a torque arm that doesnt have to be modified for a moser 12 bolt if there are any?
Old 08-13-2004, 01:49 PM

Re: whats the best strip and road setup??

Pick one or the other as a priority. There is no best compromise.
Old 08-13-2004, 08:49 PM

Well all I can say is really think about what you want to do with the car and pick the suspension that will best suite your needs. If your like me and want a good all around street car that handles well, launches well and stops well, comprimises will need to be made to each attribute. I decided that this car will be primarely a street car that goes to the track a few times a year and since handeling was important I lowered the car with an Eibach pro-kit(1-1.5in) and used the slp bilsteins(stock ss shocks) on all four cornors. 1le sway bars with a poly bushing kit in the rear only and Metco LCA. The car has a good stance but is not too low, rides firm but not jarring. It handles really well but street tire track performance suffers a bit (2.03 60ft) The ET streets really bring it to life at the track, mid 1.8 60ft times launching at 5k rpm. Its not great compared to a strip only set-up but I think its a respectable trade off . As far as the torque arm goes I've not heard any complaints from the stock arm and it works with the moser just fine.
Old 08-13-2004, 11:38 PM

thats pretty much what i want is good all around car.i was thinking about hals with bmr springs or maybe something else.i know either way i go will sacrifice a little from the other but i thought somebody might have found a good all around combination.anyone have any thoughts on bmr springs or should i look at others?thanks for the advice kevin,thats a pretty good 60ft time.
Old 08-14-2004, 01:03 PM

No problem, but think of it as an example not as advise. There are plenty of other options out there and some are sure to be better than mine.