Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

Who has these springs on their car??

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2005, 09:36 PM

Who has these springs on their car??

Does 1LE springs lowered the car a little???? I dont really want my car more than an inch lower in the back and 0.5 inch in the front. If anyone has these on their car let me know, oh and in case anyone was wondering they do still sell these at any dealership and the part numbers are: front 22132887, rear 22132889 but they change numbers in the system but they do have them the front springs are $49 a piece and rear are $63 a piece. I would appreciate any help. And for anyone wanting some really good shocks, the Koni shocks that come on the 1LE are alot cheaper thru GM parts direct than buying them from SLP
Old 05-10-2005, 01:14 PM

Re: Who has these springs on their car??

Originally Posted by redzracing
Does 1LE springs lowered the car a little???? I dont really want my car more than an inch lower in the back and 0.5 inch in the front. If anyone has these on their car let me know, oh and in case anyone was wondering they do still sell these at any dealership and the part numbers are: front 22132887, rear 22132889 but they change numbers in the system but they do have them the front springs are $49 a piece and rear are $63 a piece. I would appreciate any help. And for anyone wanting some really good shocks, the Koni shocks that come on the 1LE are alot cheaper thru GM parts direct than buying them from SLP

If you order those they will ship you stock springs not 1LE springs. GM is crossing 1LE springs to stock part numbers.

I have been there and done that, you are dead wrong about dealer availability. You should try the search button it would save you time and money.

You are also wrong about the shocks if you buy at that GM price they will only send you one shock. Or they will not order the shocks at all. You might get lucky and get that price, but I don't think so. They are screwed up on their pricing, I got lucky and got the shocks before I understood it was a mistake. I don't think they will screw up again, might be worth a try, but make sure you can return them. If you double the price they are quoting that is the real price and not a better deal than SLP.

The springs will slightly raise the car, or leave it a the same height, they will not lower the car.

Search under, will the real 1LE spring stand up.

Z28
Old 05-10-2005, 07:50 PM

Well if all the 1LE springs change to stock then there is no way to get them right??? and I know the shocks are right go to the site and see for yourself, it says PACK QTY:2 but all in all thanks for answering my question, but Im gonna have to disagree with your on the stock spring, he looked up every spring available for a '97 and there was a stock (FE2) and a firm ride handling suspension spring (FE4) the numbers i posted on here yesterday was the firm package.
Old 05-10-2005, 07:53 PM

Koni Front: GM PART # 22140240
CATEGORY: Struts & Shocks
PACK QTY: 2 CORE CHARGE: $0.00
GM LIST: $644.53
OUR PRICE: $367.38
DESCRIPTION: ABSORBER

Koni Rear: GM PART # 22140228
CATEGORY: Struts & Shocks
PACK QTY: 2 CORE CHARGE: $0.00
GM LIST: $667.83
OUR PRICE: $380.67
DESCRIPTION: ABSORBER
I copied and pasted straight from GMpartsdirect.com
Old 05-10-2005, 07:55 PM

I correct myself I found out what you was talking about....I added them to my cart and went to checkout and it doubled the price on all of them my bad... I feel dumb so you dont have to tell me lol
Old 05-10-2005, 07:59 PM

So where can I get 1LE springs???? thats all i need to know
Old 05-10-2005, 08:59 PM

The 1LE springs are hard to get, and like I said they are out of production.

You would be better off without them, talk to Sam Strano and just upgrade the sway bars and shocks.

If you want them anyway here are your options.

They were used on 1996-99 SS cars as well as 1LE's.

The part numbers you have are correct, but GM will send the wrong thing.

www.Gryhead.com has the rear 1LE springs, they have some sets on ebay.

The front 1LE springs, you have to get used. They are around since people pull them out to lower their cars. But you have to measure them.

Read the thread below both pages.

http://web.camaross.com/forums/showt...E+spring+stand

Z28