Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

Who makes the best K-member?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 12:24 PM

Who makes the best K-member?

Who makes the best fitting K-member for the LT1?

I would love to hear some comments or ideas on this. Most of the stuff I have came from UMI performance, along w/ a couple of things from BMR.

Lemme know some experiences.

Thanks
Old 07-14-2006, 01:33 PM

Re: Who makes the best K-member?

UMI has recenlty release their K-member, and is suppose to be a very nice piece. I haven't gotten a chance to see one up close, but hopefully I will soon.

The last K-member we used was a PA Racing, and had no complaints with that either.
Old 07-14-2006, 01:41 PM

Yep, that is the one I was looking at from UMI. It looks excellent. Most of my stuff came from there.

Do you know when it will be released?
Old 07-14-2006, 02:02 PM

I've installed 4 BMR tubular K members; all 4 fit well and had good quality. BMR has improved their design to strengthen it.
Old 07-14-2006, 02:14 PM

350, i believe it's already available.
Old 07-14-2006, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by Eric@Victory Racing
UMI has recenlty release their K-member, and is suppose to be a very nice piece. I haven't gotten a chance to see one up close, but hopefully I will soon.

The last K-member we used was a PA Racing, and had no complaints with that either.
I didn't know this, how much is their k-member going for?
Old 07-14-2006, 06:19 PM

They were priced at $479.99 I think. Not including shipping or custom colors.
Looks like an excellent made piece.
Old 07-14-2006, 10:09 PM

I'm very happy with the fit and finish of my BMR K-member. I have no idea about any of the others.
Old 07-15-2006, 04:14 PM

I went with the BMR unit. I had to enlarge one of the holes for the steering rack slightly because it didnt line up, but otherwise it has worked well.
Old 07-16-2006, 12:37 PM
Administrator

Spohn has a new K-member design, that allows use of virutally any headers, and incorporates the brake line clips. Like anything Spohn makes, its a piece of art. The only hesitation I have in recommending it is that its been "coming soon" for at least 6 months, maybe more. Last I heard from him was "July", but I haven't seen it in the catalog yet.
Old 07-16-2006, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Injuneer
Spohn has a new K-member design, that allows use of virutally any headers, and incorporates the brake line clips. Like anything Spohn makes, its a piece of art. The only hesitation I have in recommending it is that its been "coming soon" for at least 6 months, maybe more. Last I heard from him was "July", but I haven't seen it in the catalog yet.
Yeah I am holding out some cash for when it does come out.
Old 07-17-2006, 10:35 AM

I had a guy at a performance shop today tell me not to change my K-member becasue the one person he knows that did it has to have his alignment done every time he hits a bump. Is that rediculous or what. Just to give you an idea of the caliber of shops we have in Savannah GA. Can't wait to get out of the army and back to chicago and deal with compitent people
Old 07-17-2006, 03:46 PM

UMI's is by far the best one out there...... I had direct input on it (and thanks to Ryan for asking me) because the loads autocrossers and road racers induce are FAR different those those drag races put into such a part.

Some of the the things I suggested and were incorporated into the UMI part are: Extended alignment adjustment holes vs. stock. Gusseting around bends, and most notably the use of two cross tubes vs. just one for much more lateral strength. Also, additional bracing is available for about $50 upon request.

Price is $479.
Old 07-17-2006, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
UMI's is by far the best one out there...... I had direct input on it (and thanks to Ryan for asking me) because the loads autocrossers and road racers induce are FAR different those those drag races put into such a part.

Some of the the things I suggested and were incorporated into the UMI part are: Extended alignment adjustment holes vs. stock. Gusseting around bends, and most notably the use of two cross tubes vs. just one for much more lateral strength. Also, additional bracing is available for about $50 upon request.

Price is $479.
does it have the clips for the brake lines?
Old 07-18-2006, 09:28 AM

I've been waiting on there K-member for a while but everytime I call I get "two wks" that's been going on since mid May for the LT1 k-frame and it's mid July! The LS1 k-member was out sooner even though the 2 wk extension kept being applied to the LT1 version. I got tired of waiting.

Quick Reply: Who makes the best K-member?