Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

Who makes the best K-member?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 09:47 AM

the stock k member was around 43lbs i think
Old 12-20-2006, 10:57 AM

The UMI K-member is *by far* the best aftermarket one there is. Why do I think this? Well, you'll note that it's a lot beefier than the rest, something I insisted on when Ryan asked about my thoughts on K-members for this car. I'm flattered to say that Ryan took the time to ask me what I thought of them in general, and what I'd do to improve them so he could look at implimenting those changes on his.

Double cross-tubes, Extra bracing, and Bigger alignment slots for more adjustment should you need it, are all reasons the UMI part is superior. It's just stronger and that's important to me because we've all seen k-members break.
Old 12-20-2006, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by The Highlander
the stock k member was around 43lbs i think
mine was 54 lbs my PA one is 22.
Old 12-21-2006, 03:58 PM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
The UMI K-member is *by far* the best aftermarket one there is. Why do I think this? Well, you'll note that it's a lot beefier than the rest, something I insisted on when Ryan asked about my thoughts on K-members for this car. I'm flattered to say that Ryan took the time to ask me what I thought of them in general, and what I'd do to improve them so he could look at implementing those changes on his.

Double cross-tubes, Extra bracing, and Bigger alignment slots for more adjustment should you need it, are all reasons the UMI part is superior. It's just stronger and that's important to me because we've all seen k-members break.
I just recently acquired a UMI K-member for my project. my builder and I were both VEY impressed with the extra care and bracing added to their piece.
Old 01-20-2007, 10:39 PM

im waiting for a reply from UMI. I ordered my kmember on tuesday and havent recieved any form of verification from them that they recieved my order. It was an online order and it shows up on my account, but there is no shipping information and i havent recieved an email confirming my order either. What should i think about this? EVERYTHING I have every ordered from anywhere has been confirmed via email in less that 24hrs. We'll see i guess.
Old 01-21-2007, 08:07 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 19camaro71
im waiting for a reply from UMI. I ordered my kmember on tuesday and havent recieved any form of verification from them that they recieved my order. It was an online order and it shows up on my account, but there is no shipping information and i havent recieved an email confirming my order either. What should i think about this? EVERYTHING I have every ordered from anywhere has been confirmed via email in less that 24hrs. We'll see i guess.
Hello,

Our shopping cart is set-up to e-mail you once a order is received, if you didn't receive one I apologize. Send me a e-mail at sales@umiperformance.com with your name and I will be glad to verify whether the order has been received. If you received a order # then it went through. I am sure it did but I can double check with your name.

Thank you,
Ryan
Old 01-21-2007, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by UMI Performance
Hello,

Our shopping cart is set-up to e-mail you once a order is received, if you didn't receive one I apologize. Send me a e-mail at sales@umiperformance.com with your name and I will be glad to verify whether the order has been received. If you received a order # then it went through. I am sure it did but I can double check with your name.

Thank you,
Ryan
My account on your website shows an order number with my invoice, so i assume it went through. I called friday afternoon and i will email here real soon. Thanks for the reply.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:07 PM

Oh yeah, has anyone checked the weight difference on a UMI piece with the extra bracing to a stock unit. I have to get my spring rates dialed in, and need to figure out how much the weight is changing with the turbo setup.

I guess if someone just knew the weight of the stock unit, I would weight my new UMI k-member.
Old 01-22-2007, 04:43 PM

my stock one was 54 lbs, if you look above I allready posted that.