Track Kill Stories Race Track Victories, 1/4 Mile Times, Dyno Numbers - DRIVE RESPONSIBLY

another silly corvette owner...

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2004, 10:30 AM

another silly corvette owner...

I was coming home from school today when I saw a silver C5 vert behind me. There was too much traffic on the road to really do anything, so I just kept driving normally. We both got the red light at the end of the street, me turning left, him going straight. So i revved it up a little bit to see if I could get a rev back. Just figured I'd have a little fun with him, the car looked really nice. So then he looks over and mockingly claps his hands, so I rolled down my window and said come on rev it up a little bit. Then he gives me this crap, "I paid 60 grand for this, what did you pay for yours like five?" in his best I'm-a-cocky-corvette-owner voice. So I said whats your timeslip say because this 5000 dollar car can probably beat you. He said I'll smoke you every day of the week. So naturally I asked him if he wanted to put a bet on it. I know that theres a good chance he would beat me if he could drive, but I also knew if we did race, he wouldnt be hard launching his "60 thousand dollar" car and he wouldnt be speed shiftin, and also he wouldnt want to take it to redline because its soooo expensive. After I made that suggestion, he reaches into his pocket and pulls out a badge. He starts saying, "Ya wanna race, do you really wanna race, ya wanna race now!" I said chill out man, I was just calling you out on the fact that you said you would smoke me every day of the week. I'll race you at the track whenever you want, but get some slips b4 you start talking."

After that the light turned green and we both went on our ways. Just thought I'd share my amusing experience that goes to show how big of a head some uninformed corvette owners think. In no way am I saying my car is faster, I am just saying that people like him **** me off because for all he knew I could have been running 10s. Some of the people that buy corvettes have this holier-than-thou attitude.

Sorry for the rant.

Paul
Old 03-08-2004, 11:13 AM

Corvettes are no way super luxo cars for someone to be touting around "I paid X for a vette"

A base vette isnt very expensive and if he paid 60 for a non Z06 is shows he ignorance in the first place

I would have laughed when he said he paid 60 g's for a vette
"You got hosed buddy, did they lube you up first or just do you dry?" LMFAO

Reving on someone is pretty ghey though...if he wanted to run I'm sure he would have gotten on it a little to show he was game...but to each his own.
Old 03-08-2004, 11:18 AM

reving is gay if you own a honda because people may mistake it for a gardening tool such as a weedwhacker or a lawnmower.
Old 03-08-2004, 11:46 AM

Originally posted by soontobeGN
reving is gay if you own a honda because people may mistake it for a gardening tool such as a weedwhacker or a lawnmower.
Here we go again! Flamesuit on.

Jack off in the Vette needs beat down. Tell him to come to the track or take himself and his little turd home!
Old 03-08-2004, 02:16 PM

LMFAO

That's a good one!
Old 03-08-2004, 04:41 PM

Re: another silly corvette owner...

I After I made that suggestion, he reaches into his pocket and pulls out a badge. He starts saying, "Ya wanna race, do you really wanna race, ya wanna race now!"
Sorry for the rant.

Paul
Another example of police abusing their power/authority.
Old 03-08-2004, 04:59 PM

60,000? LOL for a used 1994 callaway maybe. Maybe his tax rate is 18%... heh
Old 03-08-2004, 08:10 PM

That loser in the Vette needs a good @ss whooping to bring him back to reality. What's up with stock LS1 Vettes thinking they're unbeatable? What a joke.
Old 03-08-2004, 08:28 PM

i think its less a corvette owner thing and more of an issue of older people that have lots of cash and little experience. its like "Hey i have money now, let me go from my cavalier to this new corvette." Then they drive it and its like "This is the fastest car ever, theres no way those lesser costing cars can beat me, ive never seen anything this fast, Then one of us F-bods come along and feeds him his lunch through a straw and he realizes that maybe hes not so high and mighty. I see it all the time regardless of what they are driving, be it a mustang, a GTP, a corvette, or even a stock LT1 or LS1 f-body. It just happens that corvette is the car of choice for people with more money and less knowledge.
Old 03-09-2004, 08:27 AM

Originally posted by Steve Y
Here we go again! Flamesuit on.

Jack off in the Vette needs beat down. Tell him to come to the track or take himself and his little turd home!
I agree with Steve.
Old 03-09-2004, 09:02 AM

As opposed to a mighty 101 trappin beast that you have????

Riiiiiight.....I think you need a reality check as much as the vette owner.

I suppose F1 cars sound like weedwackers too huh?

Its ghey...end of story...

"Vrrrrooooom vrroooom" "LT1 baby, more than you can afford pal"

But if you wanna live in your own little world, be my guest and rev the **** out of your beast to a weedwacker powered civic like mine
Old 03-09-2004, 10:17 AM

i never said civics couldnt be fast, but that doesnt change the fact that they sound like angry bees nests. I love watchin the little turbo 4 bangers run 7s and stuff, but I still hate that God awful sound that they make.
I was just jokin around anyway, maybe i should have put a or a in there for ya.
Old 03-09-2004, 01:40 PM

Originally posted by SergioEK9B18C5turbo

But if you wanna live in your own little world, be my guest and rev the **** out of your beast to a weedwacker powered civic like mine
What does his trap speed have to do with exhaust sounds? Nothing. Besides, a 101 trap speed for a nearly stock LT1 is good. What did you car trap again bone stock? That's what we thought. A lot of 4 bangers around with the fart cans sound like sh** to most people, including me. Most people prefer a V8 performance sound or an exotic Ferrari or Lamborghini sound. Even the Viper V10 sounds like ***. Aren't F1 cars V10s?

Last edited by Steve Y; 03-09-2004 at 02:59 PM.
Old 03-09-2004, 08:03 PM

OK, i dont know if you have noticed lately, but this is a CAMARO forum! And i would take the sound of a STOCK V8 any day over a fart canned ricer. You need to learn some respect for some camaro divers on a CAMARO FORUM! And like what Steve said, what does his trap speed have to do w/ the sound of his car anyways? I think you are the one who needs the reality check
Old 03-09-2004, 08:57 PM

I'm more than happy to take you up on that anyday.

PS-You'd better pull another 25 mph in the 1/4 out of your butt should you decide to take me up on that...

Quick Reply: another silly corvette owner...