Track Kill Stories Race Track Victories, 1/4 Mile Times, Dyno Numbers - DRIVE RESPONSIBLY

another silly corvette owner...

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2004, 10:37 PM

i thought F1 cars were turbocharged 6 cylinders im most likely wrong though LOL. A Viper V10 doesnt just sound like ***,but a menacing ***!!
Old 03-10-2004, 10:33 PM

as far as the fart cans go, i agree more than humanly possible. there are alot of ricer posers out there. if your import is fast, thats great if not, dont rev and be a 29 second quarter mile poser. im not saying my car is super way fast unbeatable, but for god's sakes come on. oh and as far as the vettes, i think they are sweet as any beautiful woman, they are luxo in my opinion, maybe not for 60 G's, but very nice. cops are super power hungry, they all got picked on in high school, just a fact of life. But also, give me some money spent on that vette, and i will make my car a mid ten or nine second beast LOL. Have a good one.
Old 03-10-2004, 10:37 PM

Uh..........4 bangers suck!
Old 03-14-2004, 08:39 AM

It just occurred to me. How did a cop come up with that amount of $$$ to afford a new Corvette?
Old 03-17-2004, 11:46 AM

Originally posted by soontobeGN
i never said civics couldnt be fast, but that doesnt change the fact that they sound like angry bees nests. I love watchin the little turbo 4 bangers run 7s and stuff, but I still hate that God awful sound that they make.
I was just jokin around anyway, maybe i should have put a or a in there for ya.
Regardless of sound revving is GHEY....but thanks for standing up for GHEY rights like revving in traffic, revving in the drive through and revving in the parking lot.....GHEY revving morons everywhere can stand up proud

"vroom vroom.....I can rev the **** out of my stock LT1 cause its a V8 yO"

A Ferrari, NSX, Mclaren exhuats is MUCH sexier.....but for most on this forum a V8 is more familar and therefore the "in" sound.

Ever heard a 4 rotor RX7 that runs 9's NA.....simply wicked

But I guess V8's with cross-flow exhaust pipes cant be touched and have free licence to go around and rev anywhere and anytime they want

Thats what I was saying.....reving is GHEY...especially when its obvious the guy didnt want to run...but thanks for throwing in the civic comment
Old 03-17-2004, 11:57 AM

Originally posted by SergioEK9B18C5turbo

A Ferrari, NSX, Mclaren exhuats is MUCH sexier
Yes, but for mortal men of normal means, a V8 sounds a lot better than a 4 banger!
Old 03-17-2004, 12:29 PM

Originally posted by Steve Y
Yes, but for mortal men of normal means, a V8 sounds a lot better than a 4 banger!
Well then Steve get faster so you dont have to listen to my tailpipe

In their respective powerbands I think both sound pretty good.....when I am in the rev range of 6-8400 the motor sounds amazing and the higher I rev the better the sound

Around town when I run open exhuats it sounds like a dump truck

So in the idle to 5g range where most people encounter street cars yes 4 bangers sound like ***.....but when the revs climb the sound is much nicer and becomes addicting
Old 03-17-2004, 12:54 PM

A friend of mine went from a '64 Goat with a 421 running 13.4's to a Pinto Wagon 2.0L running 13.0's in the late 70's.

The original Hot Rod was a Model "T" or "A" with a 4-banger.
Just because the noise is unacceptible due to the type of exhausts these people have a tendancy to put on doesn't mean they are all bumblebees. Some people used to put whistles on the exhausts of their 1920's hotrods. There are even songs about that trick!

That said, I agree that officer's badge needs to be reported. That 's unacceptible to me and a lot of peole on this forum. Baiting someone to race might even be illegal in some states.

TankII

P.S. In the 70's BMW's F-1 qualifying engine was 1.5L and put out "Over 1000 BHP". @ 5.7L, that would be 3800 + BHP!
Old 03-17-2004, 01:32 PM

Regardless of sound revving is GHEY....but thanks for standing up for GHEY rights like revving in traffic, revving in the drive through and revving in the parking lot.....GHEY revving morons everywhere can stand up proud
Who said anything about revving in parking lots, not me. I was revving at a guy in a V8 Corvette. I wasnt trying to show my superiority, I was simply trying to hear what his car had. After realizing that he wasnt going to rev, I didnt continue revving at him, I stopped.

"vroom vroom.....I can rev the **** out of my stock LT1 cause its a V8 yO"
....A)Not stock, headers, true duals, intake, and some small stuff. I guess in the ricer world everything looks like its stock when your running 16s. So not stock to you would be cam/heads? Maybe a little laughing gas? What mods are needed to be not stock?

B)My stock LT1 runs about the same time as the car in your sig, only it looks like your sig is a little longer if you know what I mean. You dont seem to understand much so Ill explain. You have spent a lot more money on yours then I have on mine for the same end result. And by the way, my times are w/o the headers and exhaust and intake, and any mods for that matter. Let me see you get a stock civic near that time. When you do, then come here and start talking.

"A Ferrari, NSX, Mclaren exhuats is MUCH sexier.....but for most on this forum a V8 is more familar and therefore the "in" sound.
Agreed about the sexier sound. But you couldnt be more wrong about the people on this board. Im sure 99.9% of the members on the board would bow to the sound of an exotics exhaust. We like our V8 sound, but I would trade my V8 sound for a Lambo V12 an day of the week.

"Ever heard a 4 rotor RX7 that runs 9's NA.....simply wicked.
Cant argue with that. But when did rotary's come into this argument? Sounds like you are clutching and grabbing for anything to validate your pointless rambling. And also, the 4 rotors are more rare on the street than a Ferrari, so whats your point.

Have you ever watched a Top Fuel NHRA event. Yup thats right V8s running 4 second 1/4s, got a comeback for that one. Didnt think so.

"
Thats what I was saying.....reving is GHEY...especially when its obvious the guy didnt want to run...but thanks for throwing in the civic comment
I wasnt tryin to race him. As I said, I was turning left, he was going straight. He said he would smoke me, so I challenged him.

You need to crawl back underneath that little Japanese POS that you have and stay there until you have a clue.

Paul
Old 03-17-2004, 01:47 PM

Originally posted by ZYAPONY
Uh..........4 bangers suck!
Old 03-17-2004, 02:04 PM

why rev at all though?its easier "to hear what they got" at idle then through a rev.Alos imports might sound cool while youre IN the car,but outside the car,it sounds like crap no matter what RPM range youre in.
Old 03-17-2004, 02:26 PM

Well then Steve get faster so you dont have to listen to my tailpipe
You are too many states away to hear your tailpipe anyway. This is a budget daily driver / light track car, I wish I had big $$ to dump into it to make it fast.

In their respective powerbands I think both sound pretty good.....when I am in the rev range of 6-8400 the motor sounds amazing and the higher I rev the better the sound

Around town when I run open exhuats it sounds like a dump truck

So in the idle to 5g range where most people encounter street cars yes 4 bangers sound like ***.....but when the revs climb the sound is much nicer and becomes addicting
That may be true, but the V8 sounds great at any rpm. All the ricers around town with their crappy fart cans sure don't do anything to support your case.
Old 03-17-2004, 02:28 PM

Originally posted by TankII
In the 70's BMW's F-1 qualifying engine was 1.5L and put out "Over 1000 BHP".
Must have been turboed to hell!
Old 03-17-2004, 02:40 PM

Originally posted by TankII

That said, I agree that officer's badge needs to be reported. That 's unacceptible to me and a lot of peole on this forum. Baiting someone to race might even be illegal in some states.

TankII

Why would the officers badge need to be reported? The officer did nothing wrong other then act like a pompus a$$ for having a Vette. As far as I know there are no laws against that.

The Z28 reved at him. He laughed/clapped but did not rev back. Then the cop insulted his car and the Z28 challenged him to a race. Then he produced a badge. That is the opposite of baiting him IMO. He was warning him that a cop is nearby and what he was proposing was illegal. Now if he had not produced a badge, raced the Z28 and busted him after, then I would agree he was baited.

But really the Cop in the Corvette isn't guilty of anything other then being a jerk.

At least that's my opinion on it.

Last edited by darrens99formul; 03-17-2004 at 02:43 PM.
Old 03-17-2004, 05:44 PM

I don't think flipping a little rev is all that "ghey". Now, if you're driving around in your 1965 GM pickup with rusted out exhaust or your 1991 Civic DX hatchback and you are revving up to the moon then yes that is lame. But a quick rev just to get someone's attention isn't always bad

Quick Reply: another silly corvette owner...