Wheels and Tires For all wheel and tire and related discussion - Sponsored by Nitto Tire

Oem C6

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 10:19 AM

Oem C6

1.25 Spacers...courtesy of Ebay.
Old 03-02-2006, 07:18 AM
Administrator

Re: Oem C6

What size are your C6 wheels? What is the offset or backspace?

I'd like to add some info to the FAQ regarding the C6 wheels. A lot of people are having a problem with them, and your solution seems to have worked out.
Old 03-02-2006, 07:55 AM

Nice!

I bought a set of C6 rims a while ago and when I recently tried to put on the rear tires (the only ones I tried) I couldn't get them to fit at all.

If you wouldn't mind telling me what did you have to do to get those on your car and do you have any issues with them? I have a 94 Formula Firebird but the bodies should be ruffly the same with clearances and such.

I am trying to fit the 18" 9.5 rims to the back with 275-40-18 tires on them.

I love the look of them and it's nice to see some actually mounted on a F-body, nice.
Old 03-02-2006, 08:33 AM

Thank you guys.

to answer your questions:

1. The wheels are O.E.M. 2006 Corvette wheels. 18x9 (245/40/zr18) Front 19x 10 Rear (285x40xzr19) When I first bought them.

Specifications:
• Bolt Circle 5X4.75
• Offset +54 (18 inch Wheels)
• Offset +79 (19 inch Wheels)

2. The day I bought them, I decided that I couldnt wait to put them on, and I installed them at about 9:00 at night. I got the front two on just as fast as it took me to take my current 18's off. NO problem. No spacers. Nothing.

3. I got to the rear, and I immediately noticed a problem. I pulled the wheel off, massaged the inner wheel wells, as well as the quarter panel inner section, with no results.

4. I decided to buy some bolt in adapters, through ebay, being that I found the best price (I beleive it was around $60 for a set of rear spacers 1.25" including locking bolts.

(ebay item: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWN:IT)

5.In terms of installation, I found that the spacers were cake to put on, but the only thing one should keep in mind is that you want to make sure that they are completely hub centric.

6. The only issue that I've had, and to be honest, its partly my fault, is the rubbing. I have a set of eibachs on my car, and I lowered it even more in the rear...during a hard bump I rub...but no biggie...Ill get over it!

Hope this helps.
Old 03-02-2006, 09:26 AM

It does help thanks for your reply.

With those spacers do the inner wheel clear the jounce bumper or did you have to cut those down? I had my car up on a lift so the wheels hung down alot, if you don't know I would look at this so you dont damage the rims if you ever need your car serviced.

Also do you know if those spacers are legal and do you notice any diffrences while your driving with them?

Sorry for all these questions but its hard to find any info on this.

thanks for your help again
Old 03-02-2006, 09:58 AM

the bouncers actually scared the hell outta me when I had the car lifted. I did a I noticed that the bumper was parrallel with the inner part of the wheel.

when I dropped the car the bumper fit perfectly in the middle of the wheel.