Wheels and Tires For all wheel and tire and related discussion - Sponsored by Nitto Tire

tire dust???

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2005, 01:48 AM

tire dust???

ok at first i thought i had a SERIOUS problem because of this, i was getting a black residue all over my rear bumper... initial thought was great a bad oil leak ... but i came to find out it was from my tires.. i was a little shocked by that and still am, but know for a fact thats what its from, i can get pics of just behind the rear tire if u dont believe me ... but has anyone else had this issue before? and before i hear someone say it comes with roasting your tires.. this is from NORMAL driving its just a light black dust that gets all over the rear of the car. Is this a common thing for the PZero (asymetrical) series of tires? its really got me baffled right now all i can figure is the tires are just that soft.. either that or the hard second gear shift =/
Old 09-13-2005, 10:20 AM

Re: tire dust???

My white Z does this also and i have BF Goodrich Comp TA's. I don't think it's actually off the tires but instead of just "road dirt/dust". What makes it black is if you have tire dressing on your tires. If you use too much dressing it flings it all over the sides of the rear bumper and when that mixes with the dirt/dust it turns black. Just from my experience. I use a sponge to apply my tire dressing and then afterwards take a clean rag and wipe them off before i drive. Cuts down on how shiny they are BUT also keeps me from getting that stuff all down the side.